|My cousins Tabetha and Thomas, both have grown taller than me!|
Sparkling Peach Sangria
(This makes about 4 liters worth)
- 2 bottles dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 small bag of frozen peaches (you could use a couple fresh ones, I had frozen on hand already)
- 1/2 c. to 1 c. peach vodka or schnapps (I used about 3/4 c. but it depends on how strong you like it)
- 5 to 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 (...oz)bottle club soda
- 1 bottle prosecco
- Mix peaches, thyme, vodka/schnapps and wine together in a large pitcher. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove and discard thyme sprigs.
- Mix in club soda and prosecco (try to have these chilled beforehand) when you are ready to serve.
- Serve over ice with optional thyme sprig and peach slice for garnish.
The great thing about batch cocktails is you just mix, chill and serve, not a lot of fuss or muss which is especially great for entertaining! This actually turned out better than I expected. I was worried it would be too sweet even with making it with dry wines but it turned out just right! If you prefer things on the sweeter side use a Riesling or Moscato. Everyone that tried it seemed to like it and we put a good dent in it the first night. You can easily halve the recipe or just use one less bottle of wine to make a smaller batch.
Off to Smith Mountain Lake we go! Chris and I are very ready for some relaxation lakeside. Stay tuned for a yummy summer veggie recipe and the rest of the breakfast treat recipes I promised!