Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Skinny Cake Batter Dip

Happy short work week!  With the 4th of July on Thursday my office is closed Friday so I only have a three day week! :)  We have lots of fun festivities planned for our mini vacation!

Last weekend we got together with a bunch of our friends for a day of tailgating before the Kenny Chesney concert.  We had all kinds of munchies, grilled eats and fun to go around!  There were a few storms that caused delays but once the show finally started it was good!

All set up and ready to tailgate!  We got there at 11am for a good spot!
Representing Miami!

A great crowd even through the rain!
I had some plain nonfat yogurt in the fridge and I couldn't decide how else I would use it up.  So to Pinterest I went!  I found this Skinny Cake Batter Dip recipe that my mom had made last 4th of July and was a huge hit!  I'm a big fan of anything that tastes like cake and when you slap "skinny" on the title I'm in!  I'm not sure the actual nutritional value of this as it does contain cake mix and whipped topping but hey we tried.

Skinny Cake Batter Dip
(This makes A LOT of dip, probably 4 to 5 cups worth, I would suggest halving it if making for a small group)
Ingredients:
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2 c. nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. light whipped topping

Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Refrigerate before serving.  (I left in the fridge overnight but I imagine an hour or two in there would suffice.)
- Serve with fruit, graham crackers, nilla wafers, etc.

This dip is yummy and super easy!  You can add some sprinkles on top for decoration, I just didn't get a picture of it when it was all prettied up!  Its nice that it can be easily made ahead of time and the yogurt makes it seem healthy.  You could also make it with greek yogurt, I just used what I had on hand.  It was definitely a hit among the tailgate crowd!

I'm not sure if I'll get another post up before the holiday but stay tuned for another easy treat!  Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment