Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats

Back to the grind after a great vacation!  Chris and I really enjoyed the quality time with his grandparents and having some time to relax.  We had great weather except one day we had rain but the other five days of sunshine and a nice breeze made up for it!  We are already looking forward to our trip back to Smith Mountain Lake for Labor Day weekend!

A view from the boat house deck, nice and relaxing!
By the end of the week Chris had mastered "lazy vacationer fishing" 

Ok down to business, as part of my job I manage my company's charitable giving campaigns.  So I get to come up with and execute fun fundraisers (well I think they are fun at least)!  As part of our most recent campaign I decided to do a bake sale each Friday of the month.  Which meant someone (cough, cough ME) had to provide/secure said food for sale.

As you well know by now I can't just throw some goodies on a table and call it a day.  Each week had a theme with corresponding tablecloths and accessories (yes they pay me to be a complete lunatic although I'm pretty sure they didn't know the lunatic part when they hired me).  ANYWAYS, on one such Friday I decided to make Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats.  I had seen them floating around on Pinterest and decided they looked like I needed to give them a try.  These were CRAZY easy and pretty yummy too!

Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats
(This makes about 2 dozen or more treats, depending on size you make them)
 Ingredients:
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 c. honey nut Cheerios



Instructions:
- In a large pot, stir together sugar and corn syrup over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.

- Let mixture boil for one minute, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- After one minute, remove from heat.  Add peanut butter and vanilla then stir until smooth.

- Add Cheerios and mix until well coated.

- Spread out in a foil lined baking pan (I used 13x9) and let cool.

- When cool, use a lightly greased knife to cut into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!

You could also make these in individual servings by taking the coated Cheerios and dropping spoonfuls spaced out on a baking sheet if you'd rather not have to cut them.

One of my co-workers took some of these home to her little ones and they LOVED them.  So at least I got the approval of 4 and 6 year old boys on this one!  Again, these were really easy and they are a nice change from typical cereal treats.  They also have no dairy in them which is another reason why I made them.  One of my other co-workers is allergic to dairy and was feeling left out on the bake sale goodies since the majority of them are made with milk, butter, etc.

Next up I'll share the rest of the breakfast goodies recipes I promised plus a fun pizza recipe!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment