Thursday, July 25, 2013

Crispy Roasted Zucchini

Greetings from Smith Mountain Lake, VA!  Chris and I are enjoying our time at his grandparents, boat riding, water skiing, wearing plenty of nautical themed clothing (well, on my end at least)!  I cheated a little and drafted some of this post before we left but I couldn't let a whole week go by without sharing a new recipe!

I get a little overzealous with fresh veggies at the grocery store in the summer.  I can't help it, with yummy things like zucchini and summer squash in abundance its hard to resist!  Apparently I also forget there's only two of us to cook for, not 20, who knew?  Anyways, in my veggie buying frenzy recently I picked up some zucchinis.  I went Pinterest browsing and found Cripsy Roasted Zucchini.

Crispy Roasted Zucchini
(this made two large side servings)
 Ingredients:
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced in half length wise
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary (I used dried, you can use fresh if you have it)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush zucchini slices (both sides) with a little olive oil, place on lined baking sheet.

- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix cheeses and spices together in a small bowl then sprinkle over each zucchini.

- Let it bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn on broiler (high) and place zucchini under it for another 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is golden brown.

- Let cool for a few minutes and serve.

This is pretty easy and pretty yummy!  I served these as a side to the Cheezit Pork Chops so I think they were a little overshadowed given Chris' mega excitement over the chops (sorry little zucchini!).  But what Chris and I love about summer veggies is that you don't have to do a whole lot to them.  Toss them in some oil and spices then let them do their thing and you are all set!

Next I'll be sharing the rest of the breakfast goodies I made for Chris' co-workers as well as a fun bake sale treat!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment