This week I thought we'd highlight red carpet risks. I'm not talking about white after Labor Day kind of risks here. We're talking Jennifer Lopez's plunging Versace dress at the Grammys in 2000, Lady Gaga's arrival via a human sized egg at the 2011 Grammys, fashion moments. The "OMG WHAT are they wearing?!" moments. They either go down in history, leave us a little confused or provide some shock value for the moment, or all of the above!
This year's Grammys was no exception, check out my top red carpet risks this year:
Now, on to the cocktail. I call this the Red Carpetini, the glitz and glam of the carpet in a martini glass!
(Makes one serving)
- 1 and 1/2 oz. citrus vodka (if you want something a little sweeter try vanilla vodka instead)
- 1/2 oz. raspberry liqueur
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- small bottle of champagne to top off
- Combine all ingredients except for champs in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Top off with champagne.
Well that's all for the red carpet until March when the Oscars come around then we have to wait until summer for the Tony's! I've got all kinds of blogging to catch up on now! A post from restaurant week plus some new shoes are coming my way so I'll be sure to share! Happy Monday!