Monday, January 13, 2014

Kicking Off Red Carpet Season, the Golden Globes!

Well last night kicked off another fabulous and fashionable award season.  I have to admit I tend to love the red carpet shows more than the award shows themselves.  Don't get me wrong the hosts tend to be great and the suspense of who wins what is attractive but I mean the fashion, COME ON, its like Christmas morning!

I'd have to say my best dressed goes to Julia Roberts.  I mean the woman is a stunner!  I loved the dress with a little bit of bling around the waist, so classic and sophisticated then the hair was just the icing on the fabulousity cake (I can't help it, I'm a sucker for big hair).  Apparently the collared shirt top was a controversial element as I saw her on some sites worst dressed list (how rude!).
via US weekly

My worst dressed goes to Zoe Saldana, in her E! interview she said she's friends with the designer.  By the looks of that thing she should cut all ties with that person.  I mean it was just all over the place, they basically took a little black dress and gunked it up with stuff that looked like bad Christmas wrapping.
via US Weekly


Honorable mentions:
Reese Witherspoon
via US Weekly
I loveeee this color on Reese, it's perfect with her pretty blonde bob and the cut of the dress flatters her in all the right places.

Sofia Vergara
via US Weekly
Oh that Sofia just stuns every time!  Maybe its just me but if there's ever a question of if to wear a full ballgown or not, I'm almost always going to vote YES.  She adds a little bit of sexy with the fit showing off her waist but keeps it very classy with simple black and a hint of color with a statement necklace. LOVE IT!

Lupita Nyong'o
via US Weekly
A cape to the Globes? YES, YES YES!  This color is stunning on her and the dress itself is perfect for her body shape, so timeless and elegant!

Horrible mentions:
Lena Dunham
via US Weekly
As a girl that's definitely not a size 2, I understand the struggles of finding a dress that flatters a fuller figure.  That being said, whoever told Lena this was good for her body shape was clearly blinded by the dress color.  It's too tight and its just not flattering, not to mention the color doesn't compliment her fair complexion.

Zooey Deschanel
via Huffington Post
Oye where do I even start?  For such a pretty girl Zooey picked the wrong dress.  I love the light airy layered tule but I would have much preferred to see her in a fitted bodice rather than that frumpy cap sleeved top.  It just makes her look wider than she is and the color isn't the greatest.

To kick off the glamorousness of awards season coming our way I decided to come up with a cocktail that sparkles like the celebs on the red carpet, a Pear Elderflower Sparkler.

Pear Elderflower Sparkler
(makes one)
 Ingredients:
- 1 oz. pear vodka
- 1/2 oz. elderflower liqueur (St. Germain)
- 5 oz. (give or take) champagne
 
Instructions:
- In a shaker with ice, combine pear vodka and elderflower liqueur, shake and pour into a champagne glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with champagne.
- Toast to the stars and enjoy!

This is nice and light, a little on the sweeter side but delicious.  If you want something with a little less kick you can take out the vodka but what's the fun in that?!

Seems as though I'm on a bit of a roll with blogging this week, I hope I can keep it going!  Next up, I've got a few leftover Local Foodie Moments from our new restaurants list, next week is restaurant week and of course we gotta throw in some shoes!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment