Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Puffins!

So I can't help but use exclamation points when I type (or say) the word Puffin!  To clarify, I'm not talking about the funny looking bird or the sweet moniker Holly Madison used to use for Hugh Hefner (Girls Next Door fans you know what I'm talking about, non-fans don't pretend you didn't watch it at least a little!).  What I'm talking about is a pancake muffin aka Puffin!

This is another one of the breakfast goodies I featured for Chris' co-workers.  Also on the menu were Maple Pecan Twists and Cream Cheese Danish.  The puffins were by far the easiest but they are just so stinkin' cute!

Puffins
(Makes about 24 minis)
 Ingredients:
- 1 c. pancake mix (bisquik or whatever brand you prefer, Aunt Jemima is my homegirl)
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- chocolate chips, nuts or crumbled cooked bacon (for topping)

Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients (minus toppings) in a large bowl until there are no more lumps.

- Scoop mixture into a well greased mini muffin pan.
- Sprinkle toppings on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until sides are golden.  The tops won't turn golden but don't worry they are cooked through!
Bacon Puffins

- Remove from baking pan, let cool and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Puffins

These were yummy and EASY!  Definitely give them a try for your next breakfast or brunch potluck!  You can serve them with extra maple syrup for dipping if you'd like.

This week I'll be featured on my friend Danielle's blog for Wedding Wednesday!  So check it out at The Bear Necessities tomorrow!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment