Friday, August 9, 2013

Watermelon Martinis

Happy Friday!  Who doesn't love a refreshing summer cocktail?  As I'm sure you could assume, I am a big fan!  Today I want to share one of the fun martini recipes I inherited from Chris' mom when I turned 21, Watermelon Martinis.  These are fun for the summer and don't pack too much of a punch so they are perfect sipping on the patio!

Watermelon Martinis
(Makes 1 martini)

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 oz. Watermelon vodka
- 1/2 oz. cranberry juice
- splash sweet & sour mix
- splash flat 7up or sprite

Instructions:
- Pour everything into a shaker with ice.
- Shake, strain and serve!



You could also switch it up and use a watermelon puree or juice from fresh watermelon with citrus vodka rather than the above recipe.  Probably a 2:1 puree to vodka ratio, give or take based on your preferences.  This would require the purchase of fresh watermelon, which I don't do often enough to justify a whole new post on this variation.

This weekend we are going to my college housemate's wedding in Indianapolis.  I'm SO excited!  It seems like yesterday we were living in our little basement apartment senior year, now she's getting married!  I couldn't be more thrilled for her and it was such a joy to see her and her soon to be husband's relationship grow over the years.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment