Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Maple Pecan Twists

And here we are, hump day!  With all the fun new foodie places and recipes I have tried I forgot to get the last of the breakfast treat recipes up that I promised!  So without further ado, Maple Pecan Twists.

These are also easy and relatively quick.  The recipe I got from Pinterest was a little confusing in the way of instructions so I'd like to think I simplified it.  I used the full amounts for the recipe but have halved it before and it turned out fine.

Maple Pecan Twists
(Makes 16 twists)
 Ingredients:
- 2 cans crescent roll dough (I use the seamless sheets)
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

For glaze:
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. maple flavoring
- 2 to 3 tsp. milk

 Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking 2 baking sheets or line with parchment or foil.  (I always use foil or parchment so I don't have to wash the baking sheets!)
- In a small bowl, mix pecans, granulated sugar and cinnamon.

- Unroll first can of dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- With a sharp pairing knife, cut the dough in half lengthwise, then cut it widthwise in half, then cut the halves in half.  You should end up with 8 rectangles.
- Brush with 1/2 of the melted butter then sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon, sugar and pecan mixture.

- Cut each rectangle in half to create two long strips.
- Take the strips and press the dough together at the top, then twist them around each other till you reach the end.  Press ends together and lay on baking sheet.

- Repeat with each rectangle then unroll the second can of dough and repeat all steps until all dough is used in a twist.
- Bake 10 − 15 minutes or until golden brown.

- Let twists cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth and of a good drizzling consistency.

- Drizzle glaze over twists and serve!

If you didn't catch the other breakfast treats I made check out the Cream Cheese Danish and Puffins recipes!

Coming up I've got another LFM to share plus a leftover makeover!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment