|Some Young Alumni Council members with Swoop!|
|Sights of campus!|
|Waffle fries and pitchers at one of our favorite bars!|
|Chris and I|
Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts
(This makes two side portions)
- 1/2 lb. brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- the juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- asiago cheese, shredded, to taste
- Over medium high heat, sautee garlic in olive oil until it starts to bubble around the edges.
- Add sprouts and lemon juice, cook until tender.
- Sprinkle in lemon zest and cheese.
I used Asiago cheese because that's what I had on hand but you could certainly use shredded Parmesan or Peccorino if you prefer. The lemon flavor with the zest was pretty overpowering and that's coming from a gal who loves lemon! Overall Chris and I agreed it was a good side but we liked the Sweet & Sticky ones better.
Up next I've got a summer cocktail to share, stay tuned!