Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Brussel Sprouts Experiment: Part 2

Alumni Weekend at Miami was a success!  Lots of great times and great memories made!  Since I can't resist, here's some pictures from the weekend!
Some Young Alumni Council members with Swoop!
Sights of campus!

Waffle fries and pitchers at one of our favorite bars!
Chris and I
Ok back to recipe business!  So as I revealed to you previously, brussel sprouts aren't as evil as a veggie as their reputation implies.  After making the Sweet & Sticky Sprouts recipe I shared I thought I'd give you a follow up recipe with Lemon Garlic Sprouts.  I had a feeling Chris wouldn't totally love this based on the lemon factor and I was (of course) right but he ate them nonetheless.

Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts
(This makes two side portions)
 Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb. brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- the juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- asiago cheese, shredded, to taste


Instructions:
- Over medium high heat, sautee garlic in olive oil until it starts to bubble around the edges.
- Add sprouts and lemon juice, cook until tender.

- Sprinkle in lemon zest and cheese.

- Serve.

I used Asiago cheese because that's what I had on hand but you could certainly use shredded Parmesan or Peccorino if you prefer. The lemon flavor with the zest was pretty overpowering and that's coming from a gal who loves lemon!  Overall Chris and I agreed it was a good side but we liked the Sweet & Sticky ones better.

Up next I've got a summer cocktail to share, stay tuned!

Cheers!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment