Red, White & Blue Jello Shots
(Makes about 32 shots)
- 2 c. berry vodka ( I used 1 c. UV Blue Raspberry vodka for the blue and 1 c. Three Olives Berry for the red)
- 2 c. water
- 1 pkg. red raspberry jello
- 1 pkg. blue rasberry jello
- 1 pkg. Cool Whip
- 1/4 c. or less, vanilla vodka
- small shot cups (I like the ones with lids for easy transport and easy stacking)
- Make the blue raspberry jello first. Boil 1 cup water then pour over jello powder. Stir until sugar is dissolved and let cool a little bit so when you add the vodka it doesn't steam off. I'm entirely too impatient so I create an ice bath for my jello bowl to help cool it down faster.
- Pour in 1 cup vodka, stir until well combined then distribute into cups, about a third of the cup. Place in refrigerator for at least a half hour or until firm.
- Take thawed Cool Whip and mix in vanilla vodka. You want it to stay fluffy so just add a splash of vodka at a time and mix until desired strength.
- With a spoon, scoop spiked Cool Whip into cups, leveling it out on top of the blue layer.
- Put cups in the freezer to make sure the Cool Whip is solid, about a half hour.
- Make the red raspberry jello. Boil 1 cup water over the stove, remove then pour over jello powder. Stir until sugar is dissolved and let cool.
- Pour in 1 cup of vodka, stir until well combined.
- **This is an important step!! Let the jello cool until it becomes thicker but not to the point of setting up. Once it is cooled down, pour over the other two layers in cup. If the jello is too warm it will cause the Cool Whip to melt around the edges and float up and ruin your patriotic creation.
- Put in the fridge until red layer is set up.
- Share and enjoy!
These were a hit with my brother and his friends! They were a little more time consuming than regular jello shots but the fun result was worth it!
We celebrated our Miami friends Elena and Zach's wedding this weekend! It was so great to be around college friends and celebrate their love! This week it's time to get back to business on wedding planning for Chris and I's big day next year! But I've got some Local Foodie Moments to share so stay tuned!