Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Wrap Up and on to NYE!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!  Chris and I had quite the whirlwind of traveling and celebrating!  But overall it was so wonderful to be with so many family members and friends.  Here's a few pictures from Christmas day at my parents.
Santa was very good to us this year!









 We had a bit of a Buckeye Christmas!  Both Chris and Mitch got new jerseys for next season!

Dad and Mom got Moose Mugs!
 Last week I promised a Mudslide Pudding Shot recipe and I'm not one to go back on my cocktail promises so here goes!  Chris' coworkers have really taken a liking to pudding shots so its become a requirement for each gathering.  Last week we were invited to our friend Yogesh's house for Indian cuisine and holiday celebrating before we left for home.  No party at Yogi's is complete without pudding shots so I decided I wanted to switch things up and make a different recipe.  I found the Mudslide recipe and thought it would be a good change of pace and I had all the ingredients on hand!

Mudslide Pudding Shots
Ingredients:
- 1 (8 oz.) container of extra creamy cool whip
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. Bailey's 
- 1/3 c. Kahlua

Instructions:
- Mix milk and pudding together in mixing bowl till smooth.
- Add in Bailey's and Kahlua until well combined.
- Fold in cool whip (make sure it is thawed out, you can't use it when it's still frozen it will make your shots soupy from too much mixing).
- Spoon into small shot glasses (I use disposable ones with lids for easy freezer stacking).
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.
- Enjoy!

Well on to New Years!  This year Chris and I are celebrating with friends at a hotel downtown.  The past couple years I've made a New Years cocktail so I'll have to share that with you!  I love the glitz and glam of New Years fashions (what can I say, a cheerleader's love for glitter never dies)!  I am so very thankful for all the blessings and excitement 2012 has brought me and cannot wait for all that is to come next year!

Cheers!
Steph  

No comments:

Post a Comment