|We got to have dinner and drinks with one of my best friends from home, Holly!|
|My college roommate, Nikoo, and I were able to meet up at the game! Her and her fiance drove in from Indiana for the game, they are getting married this summer!|
Mexican Chicken Soup
(This made four lunch portions and one dinner for two portion)
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 envelope taco seasoniong
- 32 oz. tomato juice
- 1 jar of salsa (I used my Gran's homemade)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package frozen corn, thawed
- olive oil
- cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips or fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat, saute chicken until no longer pink.
- Add water and taco seasoning, simmer until chicken is well coated.
- Put chicken in slow cooker.
- Add in tomato juice, salsa, beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking I stirred in a handful of chopped fresh cilantro just because we like it but its not required.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips or fresh cilantro for garnish.
This was so easy, the pictures of the steps almost seem silly! It's a delicious soup, the chicken and black beans definitely give it more substance and the thickness is just right. It's not too spicy either, I suppose if you wanted to add some kick you could add in red pepper flakes when cooking the chicken.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!