Let the 4th of July festivities begin! I figured it was only fitting to share these patriotic jello shots with you before all the fun begins. I shared these last year so it's a little bit of a repeat but these are too fun not to repeat!
Red, White & Blue Jello Shots
(Makes about 32 shots)
- 2 c. berry vodka ( I used 1 c. UV Blue Raspberry vodka for the blue and 1 c. Three Olives Berry for the red)
- 2 c. water
- 1 pkg. red raspberry jello
- 1 pkg. blue rasberry jello
- 1 pkg. Cool Whip
- 1/4 c. or less, vanilla vodka
- small shot cups (I like the ones with lids for easy transport and easy stacking)
Make the blue raspberry jello first. Boil 1 cup water then pour over
jello powder. Stir until sugar is dissolved and let cool a little bit
so when you add the vodka it doesn't steam off. I'm entirely too
impatient so I create an ice bath for my jello bowl to help cool it down
- Pour in 1 cup vodka, stir until well combined then
distribute into cups, about a third of the cup. Place in refrigerator
for at least a half hour or until firm.
- Take thawed Cool Whip
and mix in vanilla vodka. You want it to stay fluffy so just add a
splash of vodka at a time and mix until desired strength.
- With a spoon, scoop spiked Cool Whip into cups, leveling it out on top of the blue layer.
- Put cups in the freezer to make sure the Cool Whip is solid, about a half hour.
Make the red raspberry jello. Boil 1 cup water over the stove, remove
then pour over jello powder. Stir until sugar is dissolved and let
- Pour in 1 cup of vodka, stir until well combined.
**This is an important step!! Let the jello cool until it becomes
thicker but not to the point of setting up. Once it is cooled down,
pour over the other two layers in cup. If the jello is too warm it will
cause the Cool Whip to melt around the edges and float up and ruin your
- Put in the fridge until red layer is set up.
- Share and enjoy!
We've got a fun weekend with family and friends planned starting with Red, White and BOOM downtown! What are your 4th of July plans? Hope they are fun filled and very safe!